While we strive for academic excellence, Westside combines classroom rigor with two other areas to form our foundation: the integration of a Biblical Worldview and a focus on character and leadership development.
- WCHS offers excellent college prep academics enhanced by our Concurrent College Credit Program and AP courses.
- SAT scores are consistently among the highest in the state.
- On average, 95%+ of the graduating class is college bound.
- Recent graduates have attended such prestigious universities as West Point, Vanderbilt, Pepperdine, USC, and the Naval Academy, just to name a few.
- 95% of our teachers have a masters degree and/or their teaching credential.
Integration of Biblical Worldview:
- Our staff intentionally teaches through a Christian Worldview lens in all academic and extra-curricular settings, not just in Bible classes.
- Students learn to put their faith into action through frequent service projects.
- Westside holds a weekly chapel for a time of corporate worship, reflection, and exhortation.
Character and Leadership Development:
- Students develop a heart of compassion as they serve in their community.
- We are intentional about leadership development, providing multiple opportunities to learn and apply leadership skills both inside and outside the school.
- Westside’s Focus Group program purposely places a small group of students with an adult leader so students can be nurtured in a mentor-discipleship role.
- Students participate in a multi-year program that helps them discover their passions and gifts, culminating in a personal service-learning project in Bible during their senior year.
- AdvancED (Northwest Accreditation Commission)
- Oregon Schools Athletic Association
- Pacific Northwest Association for College Admission Counseling
- Moreland Anderson |Retired
- Jim Chesnutt | Physician, OHSU
- Dan Davis | President, Mission Increase
- Pam Lau | Contributing Writer
- Brent Mills (Board Chair) |Worship Pastor, Beaverton Foursquare Church
- Carley Osborne (Dillon) | Consultant
- Steve Reiff |Co-Founder, SRC Software, 1984-2007
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant in the original manuscripts, Word of God (2 Tim. 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1; Matt. 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Heb. 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (I Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 2:9); His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Cor. 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; and Rev. 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that we are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Eph. 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Cor. 12:12-13; Gal. 3:26-28).
- We believe that heaven and hell are definite places (Rev 21:8, Matt 25:46, 2 Thes 1:9, John 14:2, Ps 23:6).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Cor. 3:16; 6:19-20; Eph.4:30; 5:18).
- Statement on Marriage and Sexuality. See handbook.
- Statement of Biblical Authority. The Foundational Beliefs contained in this Article do not exhaustively state the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with the final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. The decisions of the Board of Directors will be the final and decisive determination of the application and interpretation of such scriptural authority.