While we strive for academic excellence, Westside combines classroom rigor with two other areas to form our foundation: the integration of a Biblical Worldview and a focus on character and leadership development.
- WCHS offers excellent college prep academics enhanced by our Concurrent College Credit Program and AP courses.
- SAT scores are consistently among the highest in the state.
- On average, 95%+ of the graduating class is college bound.
- Recent graduates have attended such prestigious universities as West Point, Vanderbilt, Pepperdine, USC, and the Naval Academy, just to name a few.
- 95% of our teachers have a masters degree and/or their teaching credential.
Integration of Biblical Worldview:
- Our staff intentionally teaches through a Christian Worldview lens in all academic and extra-curricular settings, not just in Bible classes.
- Students learn to put their faith into action through frequent service projects.
- Westside holds a weekly chapel for a time of corporate worship, reflection, and exhortation.
Character and Leadership Development:
- Students develop a heart of compassion as they serve in their community.
- We are intentional about leadership development, providing multiple opportunities to learn and apply leadership skills both inside and outside the school.
- Westside’s Focus Group program purposely places a small group of students with an adult leader so students can be nurtured in a mentor-discipleship role.
- Students participate in a multi-year program that helps them discover their passions and gifts, culminating in a personal service-learning project in Bible during their senior year.
We believe that our vision as a school is unique. Our mission is to equip servant leaders in God’s kingdom for the next generation by educating and developing the whole person for the glory of God.
Reaching the whole person demands that we engage the entire educational triangle – what students know, what they feel, and what they do. Westside does just that. We are intentional about showing students what it means to be leaders, then taking them outside the classroom to put these skills to work in the world. To do this Westside fully embraces five principle goals:
Our graduates understand and believe that the source of their mission and vision in life is found in Christ. They have the tools, knowledge, and commitment to grow in their pursuit of Christ-like leadership and are able to hear God and respond by authentically impacting the world around them.
Our graduates are relationally-skilled leaders. They understand the importance of maintaining healthy relationships and seeking wise mentors, and the responsibility that they personally have to invest in others within the context of learning, working, and living.
Our graduates are life-long learners with the ability to pursue their educational goals. They are inspired and equipped to excel academically, think critically, and understand that what they learn is a gift to be used for the sake of others.
Our graduates have powerful experiences that reveal the nature and reality of God’s kingdom. They are motivated to discover their passions and purposes for the sake of lives dedicated to service and leadership.
Our graduates are leaders dependent on listening to God’s voice, committed to relating to others with grace, inspired and equipped to learn, and passionate about discovering how they can best serve God and others. They are servant leaders changing the world from the inside out.
In 1981, with only 10 students and 6 teachers, Westside Christian High School opened its doors in the vacant Collins View School building (now Riverdale High School) to service families on the west side of town. Until June of 1992, this was a wonderful location for the school as it grew to 151 students and a staff of 15. Then in 1992, after a collaborative effort with Lake Bible, a new combined church and high school structure was built on the corner of Kruse Way and Carman Drive in Lake Oswego.
In February 2013, Westside reached another milestone by purchasing the property at the intersection of Hwy. 99 and 217, just twenty minutes south of downtown Portland. They moved into their new campus in January, 2014.
Westside enjoys a reputation of offering a top-quality education infused with a spiritual foundation. We endeavor to provide the highest quality education, inside a grace-filled environment, and view ourselves as one large family.
Accreditation and Memberships
- AdvancED (Northwest Accreditation Commission)
- Oregon Schools Athletic Association
- Pacific Northwest Association for College Admission Counseling
The governing body of Westside Christian High School is the Board of Directors. These Christian business people and professionals serve non-salaried in accordance with the nonprofit status of the school. Questions for the board can be directed to: email@example.com.
Board members include:
Dan Davis (Board Chair)
President, Mission Increase
Worship Pastor, Beaverton Foursquare Church
Carley Osborne (Dillon)
Co-Founder, SRC Software, 1984-2007
Statement of Faith.
The board, faculty, and staff of Westside Christian High School, Inc. affirm these Biblical truths:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant in the original manuscripts, Word of God (2 Tim. 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1; Matt. 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Heb. 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (I Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 2:9); His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Cor. 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; and Rev. 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that we are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Eph. 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Cor. 12:12-13; Gal. 3:26-28).
- We believe that heaven and hell are definite places (Rev 21:8, Matt 25:46, 2 Thes 1:9, John 14:2, Ps 23:6).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Cor. 3:16; 6:19-20; Eph.4:30; 5:18).
- Statement on Marriage and Sexuality.
a) We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
b) We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (I Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
c) We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10)
d) We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11)
e) We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the Corporation.
Statement of Biblical Authority. The Foundational Beliefs contained in this Article do not exhaustively state the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with the final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. The decisions of the Board of Directors will be the final and decisive determination of the application and interpretation of such scriptural authority.
Westside’s biblical role is to work in conjunction with the home to mold students to be Christlike. Of necessity, this involves the school’s understanding and belief of what qualities or characteristics exemplify a Christian life. The school reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student if the teachings, values or conduct within the applicant’s or student’s home or the activities of the student are counter to or are in opposition to the biblical lifestyle the school teaches. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, participating in, supporting, or condoning sexual immorality, homosexual activity, bisexual activity, transgender identification, or the promotion of such practices; or being unable to support the moral principles of the school. (see Lev. 20:13 and Romans 1:27)