Westside Christian aims to provide a high-quality Christian education available to as many students as possible. Variable Tuition allows this to be a reality for families unable to pay the full price of Westside Christian's education. To apply simply visit School and Student Services or contact Westside Christian's Director of Finance, Cassandra Tyner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-697-4711 x1240.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Variable Tuition? Variable Tuition is a need-based tuition assistance program similar to those used by many private schools, colleges, and universities. This program allows families to apply for reduced tuition that is right for their families’ financial situation. We hope that this will make a Westside education affordable to many qualified students who could not otherwise join our school community.
- How Does Variable Tuition Work? Any family (current or new) may apply for Variable Tuition if they are concerned about affording the full tuition rate at Westside Christian High School and think they may qualify for the program. Many factors are considered when determining the tuition amount a family is able to pay, including income, assets, unusual expenses, and the size of the family. The resources available for the family in a given year must also be considered in light of the Variable Tuition awards available at Westside. An application for Variable Tuition does not affect the re-enrollment or admission process. Regardless of financial need, parents should initiate the re-enrollment or admission process as early as possible. It is not possible for a family or the school to estimate the tuition level for which a family qualifies without the completion of a Variable Tuition application. Applications are submitted directly to SSS, a third-party financial review agency. SSS evaluates the application based on criteria set by the school and makes a recommendation to the school’s Variable Tuition Committee. Families are notified of the tuition level for which they qualify from the school’s finance office. Unfortunately, the school is not able to provide Variable Tuition to every deserving student. We work within the available resources to make the school accessible to as many students and families as possible.
- Do I need to apply to Westside Christian High School to receive confirmation of my Variable Tuition? Yes.
- What is the cost to apply for Variable Tuition? The cost to apply for Variable Tuition is $51, paid directly to SSS
Variable Tuition Checklist
Step 1: Complete the online Parent's Financial Statement (PFS)
Westside Christian High School uses School and Student Services (SSS) to handle a major portion of the computation in our Variable Tuition process. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). SSS does charge a fee ($51) for their computation and evaluation. Based on the information you provide, SSS calculates an estimated amount that your family can contribute to educational expenses. Follow these easy steps:
- Go to http://sss.nais.org and click on the prompt to begin your Parents' Financial Statement.
- Create a user name and password which will allow you to complete the PFS over more than one session. This allows you time to gather the required information and ensure its accuracy. Please note only one PFS is needed per family regardless of the number of children applying. All material submitted to SSS will be secure.
- Financial aid applications must be submitted no later than January 31 for the following school year. Be sure to indicate that Westside Christian High School (SSS code 3953) should receive a copy of the results.
Step 2: Upload application documentation to NAIS.org
Please upload the following:
- Federal tax return including attachments
- W-2 forms
- Letter of explanation concerning current family circumstances
Questions? Questions regarding the Parent's Financial Statement process form are best answered by SSS customer service representatives who can be reached at 1.800.344.8328. Questions for Westside should be directed to Cassandra Tyner at 503.697.4711 X1240 or email@example.com. Please note that it is the family's responsibility to make sure that the file is complete. You may verify this by going to the parent portal at http://sss.nais.org.