Please complete this form to consent to your student being tested for COVID-19.
All parents and students over the age of 18 must sign this waiver: Health Screening and Liability Waiver.This form is also available in Family portal under the School Heading, then web forms on the left side. This is very important!
COVID Exposure / Potential Exposure Notification Form:Please complete this form to provide notification to WCHS of a person who has been on campus who:
- Is feeling ill with COVID Symptoms
- Been exposed or potentially exposed to COVID
- Tested positive for COVID
Protocols & Mitigation
- Students must be wearing a face covering. If a student forgets theirs, they may ask for one from the front desk where we have ample stock.
- Students will be visually screened for signs of illness.
- Students may be asked how they are feeling, and when warranted, we may take their temperature.
- Students should be prepared to have both hands sprayed with hand sanitizer.
- Students are to go directly to their class without lingering in the hallways.
Locker use is not permitted at this time.
- Passing periods between classes are three minutes.
- Hallways will have directional arrows indicating the flow of traffic.
- We are asking that students do not use the restrooms during the passing period, as they will not have enough time.
- Teachers will allow students to use the restroom during class time and will be released one student at a time.
- Restrooms can safely have up to five students in them and still maintain appropriate social distancing.
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior grade levels will rotate weekly to have lunch in the commons together.
The other 2 grade levels will be divided among 9 classrooms. There is a sign-up form for students to reserve their spot.
Students can preorder meals via Sign Up Genius or bring a lunch from home. Please be aware preorders close 2 days in advance.
Lunch is cashless. Purchased meals will be charged to FACTS Prepaid account. (You can see instructions in Family Portal)
All meals will be delivered directly to each student's classroom or distributed in the commons.
Microwaves will be available in the hallway and commons for students to use.
Storage for lunchboxes will be available by the science rooms and in the commons.
Seniors have the option of off-campus lunch Monday through Thursday. They will be able to have lunch in the commons if they return to campus early or choose to stay on campus. Seniors must sign release forms available on Family Portal to leave campus.
Fridays students will have lunch with our Focus Groups.
MONDAY: Casa del Pollo. Choice of chicken burrito or three chicken tacos - $12.00
- TUESDAY: Bento. Choice of two salads or Chicken teriyaki and white rice - $8.00
- WEDNESDAY: Costco Pizza. Choice of cheese, pepperoni, or combo - $2.50 per slice.
- THURSDAY: House of Teriyaki. Choice of chicken and Yakisoba noodles, or vegetables and noodles. $11.00 for a full, $8.00 for a half.
- FRIDAY: Jimmy John's. Choice of Turkey or Ham, both with double meat - $11.00 for a full, $8.00 for a half.
Email Updates 2021
Dear Westside Christian Families:
School will resume tomorrow, Tuesday, March 2nd. It will be a Red Day.
Thank you for your understanding about today. We have concluded a thorough contact tracing, and families have been notified via email if their student was potentially exposed. If you did not receive an email, then your student was not exposed and you are free to attend in person classes tomorrow. This is only the second time this year that we have had to shut down school due to a potential Covid exposure risk. As with the last incident, we do not expect this one to produce any major issues due to the effective protocols in place on campus. We will continue to monitor carefully as we proceed through the remainder of the school year, and will keep you apprised of any future problems. With Google classroom, and teacher updates, we will continue to always provide distance learning should another day like this occur.
Some things this week to be reminded of:
- Tomorrow morning is the launch of our new Math lab. Mr. Ball sent an email out on this last Friday. From 8 to 9 AM on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week, we will be providing free math tutoring. Students just need to show up and we will take it from there. Please take advantage of this opportunity.
- Holly Migas and Delia Coker will be available on Tuesday and Friday this week, since we missed today. They will be available for one-on-one or small group emotional and mental support in The Nest from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Pastor Jarin Oda will be here during lunch time on Wednesday. Rumor has it, he may even have free pizza with him!
- Wednesday we will be conducting a brief student assembly led by Holly Migas. This will be to debrief the events from last week's tragedy and introduce the strategies for going forward. This will occur right before lunch and students will be asked to simply tune in from their second period classes. Please see your email for the altered Bell Schedule.
That's it for now. Again, I thank you for your patience and support as we forge ahead.
Head of School