Digital Learning Days
After thoughtful conversations, prayer, and research, we have a few updates we wanted to inform you of regarding the end of the 2020 academic year:
- All classes will end on May 29, 2020 for all students.
- Student Life, Spiritual Life, and the Class Advisors will host remote community events the week of June 1st.
- Teachers will not be having end of semester finals.
- We will end the year with all of our classes being letter grades, we are not offering a Pass/Fail option for any of our classes.
- There will be no school for a teacher in-service day on Friday, May 8th.
Students should continue to rely on Google Classroom and teacher communication for their daily expectations for each class.
Please always refer to your individual Google Classrooms as your final source of information regarding assignments and due dates.
- Teachers will schedule virtual live classes through Zoom, Google Hangouts, or send recorded lectures depending on the needs of the class.Teachers will post the days and times, in which they plan to meet with their students, offer live classes, or have open office hours in their Google Classrooms each week by 8 pm on Sunday. These times are subject to change, so always refer to Google Classroom for the latest times.
- Teachers will only be scheduling live lectures or virtual meetings with their students using the REGULAR bell schedule for their classes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. This will allow students to participate in multiple live classes on the same day without conflict. Click here to view the regular bell schedule.
- Teachers will record all live lectures to be accessed by students not able to participate in the live presentation.
- If students are unable to make a live lecture or office hours, students will need to communicate with their teacher in advance to arrange a time to review the lecture or meet.
- Each Thursday students will meet with their Focus Groups at 10:45 am.
- Teachers may require homework throughout the week.
- Teachers will assign this work and the due dates for these assignments in Google Classrooms.
- Students should work directly with their teachers regarding any questions or concerns involving homework.
Westside Christian Programs and Departments
Westside Christian High School is following OSAA guidelines. Per OSAA, all athletic programs are canceled for the remainder of the current academic year. All Westside Christian High School athletic facilities are also closed the remainder of the year.
If you have any questions about Spring Athletics, please contact Rob Casteel, Athletic Director.
Westside Christian High School values intentional discipleship and spiritual formation for all our students. The Spiritual Life leadership will plan on offering live and recorded chapels each week. We are working with our speakers to provide the same opportunities we planned for the remainder of the year. We welcome parents to join in viewing chapels with their students, if they desire to do so and are able.
Students will also continue to meet with their Focus Group and leaders every Thursday at 10:45 am. This will provide students an opportunity to reflect, share, and engage in community.
Earlier this month, Westside Christian High School canceled this year's service trip to Grace Ministries in Krasang, Thailand. Both the WCHS and Grace Ministries leaders and students are disappointed that they will not be able to connect this June. This decision was made prayerfully and with the health of both organizations in mind. We will continue to provide updates regarding future mission trips to Grace Ministries.
An in-person ceremony at Westside Christian High School seniors and immediate families.
An in-person ceremony at Westside Christian High School limited to only the graduating seniors with the possibility to live stream the event.
A drive-up graduation, in which senior families will drive around the campus and then stop for the senior to get out and receive their diploma
A virtual ceremony, if we are unable to gather.