My Chromebook is not working as expected, is there anything I can do?
- The first thing you should try is also the easiest thing to do: reboot the Chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is having WiFi problems you can try turning off the WiFi antenna and then turning it back on.
- Your Chromebook may not be up to date. Try updating it!
- If you are still having trouble, take your Chromebook to Mr. Armstrong.
Basic troubleshooting if you are having problems with your Chromebook. Try each of the steps below in order to see if it remedies the problem.
Try closing the program and re-opening it.
Close the window and re-open
- Reboot your Chromebook
- Click the settings tray
- Click the shutdown icon
- Leave computer for 10 seconds after fully shutdown
- Press the power button on the side
- Hard Restart your Chromebook: To fix some Chromebook problems, you might need to reset your Chromebook hardware, also called a hard reset. Try a hard reset only after other ways to fix the problem have failed. It will restart your Chromebook hardware (like your keyboard and touchpad), and might delete some files in your Downloads folder.
- For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Refresh + tap Power .
- When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh.